We offer a FREE telephone consultation which can take place via a video call if you prefer.
- During the consultation we will work with you to assess your requirements and provide our initial advice as to some of the options available, outlining pros and cons of each.
- A brief assessment of your current property to help you understand some of the challenges you face and to help prepare the property for sale or rent.
- We recommend you have a trusted friend, family member or advocate attend the consultation as that can help provide some reassurance and help you understand the process and services on offer.
- Following the initial consultation we will then provide you with a NO OBLIGATION quotation which will outline the services we provide, along with cost of providing these. We can even off-set part of these costs by making them dependent upon an eventual sale*.
- Should you agree to proceed, we’d be happy to include a friend, family member and/or advocate (even if they are based some distance away from you) in the process, keeping them informed and updated to an agreed level.
What we can offer
- Local property expertise, having been working in the Dorset & Hampshire areas since around 1993.
- Checkable references and previous customer reviews, independently verified.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Chartered Institute of Builders (CIOB), Trading Standards registration (Buy with Confidence Scheme, as recommended by Age UK), Which Trusted Traders Scheme and others.
- Our professional consultants will provide you with a schedule of services, tailored to your needs. We can even arrange for removals, estate agency, solicitors from our range of local contacts, sometimes at discounted rates to those available on the market.
- Personal attention and expert co-ordination at every crucial step, no need to deal with Estate Agents or Solicitors on your own, we’re here to help.
- A service which is tailored to your needs and will be totally confidential and independent. We are registered with theInformation Commissioner’s Office in respect of Data Protection and the Property Ombudsman Scheme.
- You’ll have a dedicated Account Manager who will be someone with the expertise required to provide you with the advice you need, when you need it and is someone who will be available via the telephone, email or in person should you need to talk things through or require clarification.
- We can provide regular updates to your family or friends as required, EVEN IF THEY ARE OUTSIDE THE UK
Our services don’t stop until you are settled into your new home. Your Account Manager will be on hand to help you get settled into your new home and will be your trusted partner making sure you are not hassled or otherwise pestered by those involved in the process.
Our service is tailored to your specific requirements and the budget is agreed at the outset, we aim to be completely open, honest and transparent in our fee arrangements and work to your agreed specifications, with a written agreement being agreed between us at the outset for your protection.
The services we provide should not replace legal or financial advice which we can help you obtain but do not specifically provide ourselves – but we can work with you to access these and other independent specialist services as little or as much as you decide is required**. We have many contacts around the area, including trusted Financial Advisers, Estate Agents, Removals Companies, Solicitors and Tradesmen.
Our services can include:
- Development of an overall move plan or alternatively remain in your current home plan.
- Find a new home and deal with the negotiations, surveys and legal discussions related to this.
- Find and engage (on your behalf) specialists to help you sell or let your current home.
- Find and instruct a removal company, whether one of our partners or alternatively whomever you choose.
- Organise your possessions and find specialists, as necessary, to value these and/or arrange storage, transportation and/or disposal should you choose to do so.
- Help you decide what will go to your new home, even producing a floorplan as necessary to help you decide.
- Arrange for the disposal of unwanted furnishings and items, including via auction, donation, sale or transfer to relatives.
- Arrange for shipment abroad and/or local or even international storage
- Engage professional packing companies.
- Provide help with unpacking and settling up your new home, including arranging electricity, gas, phone, broadband and notification of banks, building societies, etc.. if you wish.
- We can arrange for gardeners, cleaners, tradesmen, etc… for both your existing home and the new one.
- Liaise with care service providers, including arranging transport from your existing property to new home as required.
- We can help you stay in your existing home if that’s your preference, by arranging for equity release or other financing for instance, setting up home help and services via our trusted partners or alternatively via your own preferred contractors.
Emergency support situations
In some circumstances you may need to move quickly, for instance due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances. We can help you by moving quickly to get things in place to both secure your existing home and arrange for its disposal or otherwise as you or indeed those taking care of you, may wish.
Our services are designed to help you make a choice, whatever that may be, and to take the strain out of whichever choice you make. We aim to provide you with a service that reduces the stress of moving home and maximizes the value you achieve, both in terms of the property you are selling and those related to the move.
WE ARE, AT ALL STAGES, WORKING TO HELP YOU TAKE CONTROL OF WHAT IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISIONS YOU ARE LIKELY TO MAKE AND PRIDE OURSELVES ON HELPING PEOPLE MAKE AN INFORMED CHOICE.
Please note that the above information is merely provided as an illustration of potential services and any eventual agreement between us will be subject to our usual terms & conditions. We do not provide specialist services ourselves, such as legal, financial, removal, care services, etc… and as such fees may be payable to external contractors and these do not by default form part of our fee quotation, albeit our bespoke service may include these by agreement. * We are happy to discuss off-setting part of the fees until your property is sold, however an initial retainer will be required to secure our services and to cover abortive costs should you decide not to proceed for some reason. Again this is detailed in our terms and conditions. ** As mentioned above, any contract with specialist advisers is between you and that company/person. Whilst we will endeavor to ensure you receive an excellent level of service, our role is to arrange and manage these contractors and as such we cannot be held liable for their actions. Again this would be detailed in our terms & conditions of engagement.